Chocolate Pie – Silken Tofu
Chocolate Pie – Silken Tofu. You are going to love this recipe!
They’ll never guess that it has tofu in it – what could be better – eating a yummy dessert while getting some protein! Vegan life is grand!
Another aspect of this recipe that you will love is that it is so simple to make. It will only take you a few minutes once you have your ingredients assembled. Your family and friends will love it!
Because the recipe is so rich and creamy, you only need a small piece to satisfy and you can freeze the rest for another day, if you have any leftover. Really its a winner!
This recipe came to my attention when I was taking the Rouxbe online Plant-based Culinary Certification Program….probably the most fun I’ve had in years. I love everything about Rouxbe, the way they set up their online programs, to all the wonderful support you receive. They have lots of different types of cooking programs, check out their website and see what might work for you. Its amazing! www.rouxbe.com
Ok, let’s get making this wonderful dessert….
Chocolate Pie – Silken Tofu
This recipe has two parts, making the crust and then the filling. You’ll need a food processor, a double boiler and one 8×8 pan. That’s it!
Let’s start with the crust. You’ll make it in less than 5 minutes, I promise.
What you’ll need to make the crust for your Chocolate Pie with Silken Tofu:
- 2 c. raw pecans
- 1/4 c. maple sugar
- 1 1/2 T. coconut oil
- 1/2 t. sea salt
How to make the crust for your Chocolate Pie with Silken Tofu:
Put the raw pecans into the food processor and pulse till crumbly
- Add in the coconut oil, maple syrup and salt and pulse again
- Remove from the processor and pour into your 8×8 pan
- Press evenly across the bottom of the pan, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to cool.
Really that’s how easy it is!
Now for the creamy smooth chocolate filling for your Chocolate Pie with Silken Tofu. I love this filling.
What you’ll need for the filling for your Chocolate Pie with Silken Tofu:
- 2 1/2 c vegan dark chocolate chips
- 2 packages organic soft silken (300 grams per package)
- 1 t vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
How to make the chocolate filling for your Chocolate Pie with Silken Tofu:
- Place the silken tofu in the food processor and blend well till creamy smooth. Put it aside for a moment
- Heat up water in the bottom of a double boiler and add in your vegan dark chocolate chips
- Heat the chocolate chips (stir frequently) till they are melted. Cool a tiny bit
- Add the melted chocolate to your food processor that has the blended tofu and mix until creamy smooth. Add in the vanilla extract and salt and mix up a bit more
- Pour the chocolate tofu mix over the pecan crust and smooth the top with a spatula
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge till ready to serve. It will firm up in about 30 minutes
- Cut into fairly small pieces as it is incredibly rich
- Top with berries of your choice (optional) and serve
I put the remainder of mine in the freezer, well wrapped for another day. Enjoy this rich wonderful dessert!